Extec's Labcut 250B is a bench-top, manually operated abrasive cutting machine designed for cutting wheels up to 10 inch (254mm) diameter. The Labcut 250B can be used to section a wide variety of modern materials including:
- Hard Steels
- Tool Steels
- Cast Iron
- Steel and Nickel Alloys
- Non-ferrous Metals eg. Aluminum, Brass, Titanium
- Composite Materials
- Hard metals e.g. Carbides
- The Labcut 250 also cuts bar and tube
The abrasive cutting wheel is indirectly driven at 3900 rpm using a 3-phase 4 HP (3 kW) motor. An optional pulley and belt set is available for changing cutting speeds. To raise and lower the cutting head, a lever is located at the side of the canopy. A hydrocheck is fitted to the raise/lower lever so that cutting can be carried out in a smooth manner.
The machine bed is a T-slot base on which the vises are mounted. The standard machine is supplied with right hand and left hand quick action vises having 2 ½ inch (64mm) capacity. The material is clamped on either side of the cut ensuring minimum burr. Long lengths of material can be easily handled using access ports on both sides of the canopy.
A 4.4-gallon (17 l) with 55-liter/min pump circulates fluid on both sides of the rotating wheel and floods the work area. If dry cutting is required, the coolant circulation can be stopped. The coolant circulation system can also be used as a wash down facility; suitable controls for this are located on the front panel.
The electrical components are housed in a closed cabinet located behind the control panel. The front panel switching is via 24 V control circuits and therefore complies with even the most rigorous safety codes. Front panel controls include cutting head motor on/off , coolant pump on/off and internal light switch. The Labcut 250B has been designed with operator safety in mind. A timed safety switch prevents the canopy from being opened while the cutting wheel is rotating.
- 4 HP (3kW) 3 Phase Motor - specify voltage
- Spindle Diameter:
- Maximum 1 1/4 inch (32mm) diameter
- Wheel Speed:
- Standard 3900 rpm
- Wheel Size:
- 10 inch (254mm) maximum (smaller diameter wheels can be fitted
- Width: 20.2" (512mm)
- Depth: 27"(685mm)
- Height: 24.4" (620mm)
- 176 lbs. (80kg)
- Fast, convenient and economical, the C-K (Clear-Kling) System uses a revolutionary clear backing that allows adhesion without adhesives. C-K discs can be applied to any platen. Select your desired C-K cloth, abrasive disc or diamond lapping film and apply to platen - it instantly adheres. When finished just lift and replace with the next item. C-K discs stay on the platen and may be used repeatedly. Available on a variety of Extec products.
- PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) backing that is oil, water & alcohol resistant.
- Cloth backing is available for most products.
- Plain backing is available for most products.
- Poly Back:
- Extec Poly backing.
- Non-metallic, magnetic compatible backing.
|Each||EXTEC Quick Action Vise Left||
|Each||EXTEC Quick Action Vise right||
|Each||EXTEC Base Unit for Labcut 250B||
- Special Packaging