The Extec Labcut® 5000 Series Advanced Precision Composite Plate Saw is built for precise cutting of composite materials for preparation of highly accurate composite test specimens.
The Extec Labcut® 5000 Advanced Series features three standard models accommodating for the cutting of up to 2 foot by 2 foot (600mm by 600mm) or 4 foot by 4 foot (1250mm by 1250mm) composite sheets with maximum thickness of 2.16" (~55 mm). Customized special order units can accommodate greater thickness and are custom designed to fit the application. All units include an easy to use computer based operator interface.
All units include an EZ-TSK (Touch Screen Keypad) for simple user operation.
The main frame is designed for rigidity and high precision cutting. The stainless steel clad work-chamber is easy to clean. The cutting channel is designed to accommodate small pieces of material and specimens. The system is designed to cut the specified material size cleanly with the blade passing beyond the sheet. The system is designed to fully accommodate the size sheet and can cut up to the full width of the sheet. Larger sheets can be accommodated through a hinged flap. A standard 4” (100mm) port is built in the machine for optional dust or mist extraction operations. Custom tailored versions of the machine are possible.
- Fully enclosed frame
- Slatted work table
- Stainless steel work chamber
- Laser engraved position reference
- Precision fence mechanism for accurate cut
- Easy to use computer based control manual
- Automatic programmable feed
- Variable speed traverse
- Variable speed cutting head
- Recirculation coolant system with filtration
Pneumatic Sheet Clamps
For accurate sectioning the composite sheet needs to be firmly clamped during cutting. For this purpose pneumatic clamps are fitted to the worktable the entire length of the cutting head traverse during the cut. Additionally the sheet is also pneumatically clamped to the programmable precision fence. The clamping surfaces are rubberized for improved clamping of long sheets and reducing the possibility of damage introduced in the clamping process.
The integrated coolant tracking system works in conjunction with the clamps.
Cutting Carriage and Traverse
With the Extec Labcut® 5000 Series Advanced Precision Composite Plate Saws the cutting carriage moves accurately along precision linear guides to ensure alignment of the cutting wheel to the material fence for accurate parallel sections.
The cutting carriage is powered by a 3.6Hp (2.7kW) motor. It is fully programmable and can raised or lowered to take account of thickness and depth of cut.
- Programmable Z axis adjustment to accommodate different cutting blades and material thicknesses
- Cutting carriage traverse on precision linear guides ensures accuracy
- Cutting motor power 3.6Hp (2.7kW)
- Programmable cutting wheel speed
- Programmable traverse (feed) rate
- Logical design integrated with coolant application location
- Wheel speed variation 2000-5000 RPM
High Accuracy Programmable Fence Mechanism
The electronic programmable fence has been designed for precision accuracy over the longest cut lengths. The system is designed to maintain parallelism better than 0.001”/L (0.020mm/L).
- Motorized and programmable allows system to automatically cut multiple specimens without user intervention
- High accuracy design guarantees parallelism
- Pneumatic fence clamps secure the sheet to the fence
Control Module Design
The Labcut® 5000 has an integrated computer control system. The operator interacts with the system via conversational CNC operations. Unlimited part programs and parameter combinations can be stored and recalled for repeat operations. Functions of the system can also be manually controlled.
- Computer controlled
- Easy to use Conversational CNC interface
- Unlimited stored programs
- Digital readout of machine parameters and settings
Safety & Environment
Our machines conform to strict CE European Safety standards meaning they have met EU consumer safety, health and environmental requirements. Safety features include:
- Emergency stop switch positioned for operator safety and machine shut down
- Canopy must be closed with safety interlock engaged in order to operate the machine
- Fully enclosed cutting environment for standard sized composite sheet
- Extraction port to fit optional dust or mist extraction systems
- Cutting carriage protected below table surface
- Wet cutting with recirculation filtration system
- Aerospace, Automotive, Marine, Transportation
- Ballistics, Defense & Security
- Building/Construction, Infrastructure & Publics Works
- Electrical, Electronics & Telecommunications
- Consumer Goods & Business Equipment
- Sports & Leisure, Renewable Energy, and More
- 200-240V 3PH+N (380-480V upon request)
- 3.6hp (2.7kW) Cutting Heat Motor
- Customized Special Order Models: 380-480V, 5.5hp (4kW), 7.5hp (5.5kW)
- 3 Phase Driving
- Diamond Cutting Wheels: 10in/200mm, 12in/250mm
- Variable Speed, 2000 to 5000 RPM (requires inverter)
- Variable Height Adjustment (Customized Special Order Models Only)
- Stainless steel slatted design
- Laser engraved position reference
- Pneumatic clamps on both sides of cut
- Fully enclosed
Cutting Head Traverse:
- Cutting Head traverse powered by brushless servo drive and inverter
- Precision enclosed ball screw drive
- Precision linear guides
- Speed variable between 0.1mm/s and 200mm/s
- Limit switches at each end to define cut length
- Maximum length of cut: Standard Models: 50282 2ft (600mm), 50482 50484 4ft(1250mm)
- High accuracy fence running on linear bars
- Programmable adjustment with 0.01mm increments
- Dual electronic motor drive
- Minimum standard section thickness 0.25in/(6.35mm)
- Compatible with custom fixturing / jigging
- Pneumatic sheet clamps (75-110psi air line required)
Coolant Circulation System:
- Integrated Coolant Tracking System applies coolant directly at cut location on both sides of cutting wheel
- Paper band recirculating filtration system
- Fully programmable computer based control module
- User friendly conversational CNC user interface
- Controls all machine functions in program or manual operation modes
- Save and recall unlimited parts programs
Inverter for wheel speed variation.
The ability to change cutting wheel speed between 2000 and 5000rpm enables optimum wheel speed for a particular cutting blade to be set
Paper Band Filter Unit
Cutting Composite materials tend to block the coolant circulation system. Using a moving filter roll keeps the coolant fresh and filters all the sludge.
- Fast, convenient and economical, the C-K (Clear-Kling) System uses a revolutionary clear backing that allows adhesion without adhesives. C-K discs can be applied to any platen. Select your desired C-K cloth, abrasive disc or diamond lapping film and apply to platen - it instantly adheres. When finished just lift and replace with the next item. C-K discs stay on the platen and may be used repeatedly. Available on a variety of Extec products.
- PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) backing that is oil, water & alcohol resistant.
- Cloth backing is available for most products.
- Plain backing is available for most products.
- Poly Back:
- Extec Poly backing.
- Non-metallic, magnetic compatible backing.
|Pkg/3||EXTEC Paper Band Filter Replacement Roll for Extec Paper Band Filter Unit 50322 & 50325||
|qt (.95 l)||1 qt (0.95 l)||EXTEC Synthetic Soluble Fluid for Recirculating Tank/Paper Band Filter Unit qt (0.95 l)||
|gal (3.8 l)||1 gal (3.8 l)||EXTEC Synthetic Soluble Fluid for Recirculating Tank/Paper Band Filter Unit gal (3.8 l)||
|5 gal (19 l)||5 gal (19 l)||EXTEC Synthetic Soluble Fluid for Recirculating Tank/Paper Band Filter Unit 5 gal (19 l)||
|Pkg/3||EXTEC Paper Band Filter Replacement Roll for Extec Paper Band Filter Unit 50372||
|Each||Extec Dressing Stick for Labcut 5000 Diamond Wheels||
- Special Packaging