Cold Mounting Systems
EXTEC Cold Mounting Systems are preferred when speed and ease are desired, especially for high volume production. They are recommended for samples that are damaged by heat and pressure treatment. Filler powders, liquid additives and release agents are available. Available curing cycles range from five minutes to eight hour.
EXTEC offers a complete selection cold mounting accessories, including: clips, circuit board holders, PCB coupon pins, mixing and mounting cups, cement, release agents, stirrers, sample holders and glass plates.
- Fast, convenient and economical, the C-K (Clear-Kling) System uses a revolutionary clear backing that allows adhesion without adhesives. C-K discs can be applied to any platen. Select your desired C-K cloth, abrasive disc or diamond lapping film and apply to platen - it instantly adheres. When finished just lift and replace with the next item. C-K discs stay on the platen and may be used repeatedly. Available on a variety of Extec products.
- PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) backing that is oil, water & alcohol resistant.
- Cloth backing is available for most products.
- Plain backing is available for most products.
- Poly Back:
- Extec Poly backing.
- Non-metallic, magnetic compatible backing.
A low viscosity, two component, clear, chemical resistant casting resin that gels at room temperature. It exhibits low shrinkage and superior adhesion.
A fast curing, translucent, two component casting system. Characterized by an unusually high standard of adhesion exhibiting low shrinkage and good flow characteristics.
A thin, slow gelling, low viscosity, two component system, clear and chemically resistant for casting particularly fragile, intricate specimens.
A fast curing clear, two component casting system. Characterized by an unusually high standard of adhesion exhibiting low shrinkage and good flow characteristics when encapsulating particularly intricate specimens.
A clear, two component casting resin that gels at room temperature.
A high hardness fast curing translucent, two component casting system. Characterized by an unusually high standard of adhesion exhibiting low shrinkage and good flow characteristics.
For use with EXTEC Epoxies. Red, yellow, blue and black color concentrate liquids. A 2:100 ratio up to 5:100 ratio is recommended to obtain desired intensity of color.
Compatible only with Extec's Fast Cure Acrylic Powder. Red, yellow and blue color concentrate powders. A 1:1 ratio of Extec Concentrate Powder to Extec's Fast Cure Acrylic Powder results in a sample of mid-range color.
Red in color, a two component castable system recommended for samples requiring a definitive viewing background.